Aadhaar linking: Here is I am going explain how to link mobile number to Aadhaar card from home, the 12-digit identification number (UIDAI) now become mandatory for many essential documents, is issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Verifying of Aadhaar number is now compulsory for operating a bank account or a Post Office account, while getting a new mobile number, filing of income tax returns (ITR), when buying a house, applying for a Permanent Account Number (PAN) or investing in savings schemes such as NSC (National Savings Certificate) and PPF (Public Provident Fund), to name a few more.
Link Mobile Number to Aadhar Card
Yet to link your Aadhaar with mobile number? Don’t worry! The government announced three ways which will let people complete the process with simple steps.
These include verification
- Visit the store of your telecom network provider via OTP (one-time password),
- Aadhaar App
- IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) facility
Meanwhile, the government has ordered telecom network companies to complete re-verification at the doorsteps of the disabled, chronically ill and senior citizens. For such cases, telecom operators have been asked to set-up an online mechanism for people to request for doorstep verification.
Aadhaar Card Number of SIM Card Owner
Mobile Number Should be working
OTP You Receive During Process
Fingerprint for the biometric verification
Here’s how to Link Aadhaar with mobile via OTP (One-Time Password)
- First Of All, If you have got SMS from Your Telecom Network, visit your nearest your telecom store of Airtel or Idea Or Your Respective SIM.
- Give your phone number & Aadhaar card number to the Store Keeper
- He will send a four digit OTP verification code to your number.
- You need to submit OTP verification number to the Storekeeper.
- And they will take your fingerprint for the biometric verification for next level activation process.
- Within 24 hours, Customers will get another confirmation SMS For Finalize the verification process.
- Customer Just Have to reply with the word “Y”, the verification process will be completed.
- Finally, your SIM Card has been successfully Linked to your Aadhaar card.
The method called as re-verification of mobile number. OTP mode will help e-verify cell phone numbers via websites or mobile apps.
Agent-assisted authentication (e-KYC authentication)
Here are the steps to link mobile number to Aadhar card online.
Note: Your Mobile number & email ID are often required for KYC-based authentication.
- Visit the UIDAI’s website and verify your email ID and Mobile using your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhaar Number.
- Followed by entering your mobile number or email ID.
- Next, enter the Captcha code
- And then, click on “Get One Time Password”
- Enter the received OTP on given box (you can find it Left side of the screen)
- Then Click on “Verify“
Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)
Interactive Voice Response System can be used as verification as well, though this will be done via specially designed apps.
Finally, telecom operators have been directed by the government to deploy iris scanning devices at service points. This will help those (especially senior citizens, disabled) who have difficulties verifying their identity via fingerprint-based Aadhaar authentication.
Last Date of Link Aadhaar to Mobile Number
The deadline for authentication of your phone number to Aadhaar (a process called re-verification) is February 6, 2018.
Let us take a look, in detail, various ways by which you can link Aadhaar card with a mobile number and all telecom service providers like Airtel, Idea, BSNL, DOCOMO, Vodafone & Telenor started sending a message to their customers about this update.
Apart from re-verification of existing prepaid and post-paid customers, getting a new SIM connection also essential Aadhaar-based e-KYC now. The government hopes to complete the Link Aadhaar Card to Mobile number process by the early 2018 next year.
Hope this article will help you to know how to Link Aadhar with Mobile Number (ex: Idea, Airtel, Docomo, Vodafone, Aircel, Telenor). Making it much more memorable to read by sharing on your favorite social media.